Have a passion for democracy and government transparency?
Are you visionary and versatile, yet meticulous with details?
Want to make history by liberating public elections data across the US?
Can you sketch out a project plan on Monday, train up a team of freelancers on Wednesday, and have all your tasks knocked out by Friday, just in time for beer o’clock?
Civera is a small software startup in Cambridge, Massachusetts that’s on a mission to make government more transparent. We love what we do, we have fun doing it, and we’re looking for new talent to grow with us and increase our impact.
The founder is in need of a committed operations manager to fully own our critical operations. You will be at the center of the action: managing data migration projects, cleaning up data, working with freelancers, prospecting and contacting new potential customers, reporting your progress to the CEO, doing basic bookkeeping, maintaining the office and physical space, scheduling appointments, and learning alongside the core team as we scale to a $10M company by building great software for every state, county, and city in America.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Project management experience.
- Experience motivating a team.
- A passion for documentation and institutional memory.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and complete any task, no matter how small.
- Relentless follow-through. Satisfied only when a project reaches the finish line.
- Excellent listener and note-taker. In working with data, details matter.
- Excellent speaker and writer, using clarity and confidence.
- Ability to know nothing about a topic, give yourself a crash course, practice, and become competent.
- Demonstrated aptitude in using software to get things done efficiently (e.g. using Excel or Google Sheets to keep a complex project organized).
- Always open to learning new ways of doing things, and course-correcting if you learn a better approach.
- A can-do, positive attitude with a desire to always learn and improve toward mastery.
- A great sense of humor, especially in the face of a difficult challenge.
- Interest in politics and elections.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
Salary range: $50-70K depending on experience. Rapid advancement, including bonuses and pay increases, is intended for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Civera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org